Continental European Region (CER)
CER is one of sixteen AA Great Britain GSC regions. It’s the only region that encompasses approximately 50 countries – entrusting us with special responsibilities.
Our actions include: managing our own AA website (with an up-to-date European AA meetings’ list and email response team); publishing our ArenA newsletter; representing AA at European professional community conferences; coordinating public information programs… and more.
We welcome all English speaking AA Intergroups in Europe and AA Groups without an Intergroup to participate with us in service at the regional level.
Aims of Region
The Continental European Region (CER) of the General Service Conference of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) Great Britain serves English speaking AA Members, Groups, and Intergroups in Continental Europe. CER, as guided by the Three Legacies of AA (Recovery, Unity and Service) and with a primary purpose of carrying AA’s message to the still suffering alcoholic, aims to :
- Lead public information initiatives and cooperate with the professional community at the European level.
- Facilitate the exchange of information / best practice experiences between AA Groups / Intergroups.
- Provide alcoholics, both local and from abroad, with access to AA services and support, particularly in isolated and remote areas.
- Represent and link the AA Groups/Intergroups with the annual General Service Conference.
- Create opportunities for AA members to contribute to and gain experience in AA service.
- Encourage cooperation with each European host nation AA.
Download our CER Annual Report 2018
The aims of the Continental European Region are implemented through the group conscience of the representative group known as the CER Regional Assembly. This assembly elects six delegates to attend the annual AA General Service Conference in York, Great Britain. Assemblies are held a minimum of four times a year, and are composed of the following:
- Maximum of two representatives from each Intergroup
- A representative (GSR) from any group in a geographic area not covered by an Intergroup
- Regional Service Officers
- Conference Delegates and Alternate Conference Delegates
- A General Service Board (GSB) Trustee
- Other designated members
- Visitors and observers
We welcome all English-speaking AA Intergroups in Europe – and AA Groups without an Intergroup – to participate with us in service at the regional level. For more information on how we can help support your Intergroup, or how to get involved in regional service, please visit our website: www.alcoholics-anonymous.eu