Note from the Editor: It is 10th Step season, but as it, like the 4th Step, involves taking inventory, these questions from the ArenA archives seem fitting.
12 questions for a 4 th Step
1. Who am I?
2. What do I want?
3. What do I not want?
4. What behavior of mine helps me reach what I want?
5. What behavior of mine does not help me reach what I want?
6. What behavior of mine helps build relationships with others?
7. What behavior of mine harms relationships with others?
8. What do others say they like about my behavior?
9. What do others say they do not like about my behavior?
10. What have I done well today?
11. What have I not done well today?
12. What behavior do I admire in other people and want to imitate?
By Dan F.
Dan was born in San Francisco, California a month after the first edition of
Alcoholics Anonymous was published in 1939, took his last drink of alcohol
in Washington, D.C. on the 8 th of December 1976 the day after he attended
his first AA meeting, resides with his wife in Europe, and does volunteer
service in three international non-governmental organizations.